The first Wokingham Winter Carnival was held in 1994. It was a community project started by Keith Hoskins, the Town Centre Manager at the time, together with a few town centre shop owners.
Since then it has grown into a popular annual event that benefits from the support of Wokingham Town Council, The Wokingham Society, many business sponsors and Wokingham residents.
Every year businesses from within the town centre and surrounding area donate their time, energy and financial support to make it the success that it is.
The committee are also very grateful for the continued support of Wokingham West Forest Round Table and West Forest 41 Club, together with other local Rotary, Lions and Round Table Clubs for help on the day and during preparations.
Each year we’re able to support local charities with funds raised over and above the running costs of the event. If you’re a local charity and would like to be considered for a donation please contact us. Despite the changes over the years the aims have remained the same:
- to provide a FREE event for all the family and help nurture community spirit
- to encourage young people to get involved and feel valued
- to raise funds for local charities
All while having fun!
Want to help or get involved? There are many ways you can do this:
- take a stall
- become a marshal or helper on the day
- become a committee member
- participate in the parade with or without a vehicle
- help collect funds with our fundraising collection buckets on the day
You can get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.